Free TuneIn Radio provides a versatile user experience; you can listen to programs on its website or through the TuneIn Radio app on any compatible device: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac computers, Android phones, and Android tablets.
When paying $9.99 a month, TuneIn Premium subscribers gain access to endless radio stations, live MLB and NHL games, music channels, and breaking news from famous networks like CNN and Bloomberg Media.
But what to do when you no longer want the exclusive content? How to cancel TuneIn Radio? In this article, we will guide you through the steps to remove TuneIn Premium on different devices. TuneIn Radio cancel will take you less than five minutes, so dive in!
Way to Cancel Tunein Radio
If you subscribed to TuneIn on an iOS device, you need to log in to your Apple account to cancel the iTunes radio subscription. You can do it on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac computers.
If you subscribed to TuneIn with an Android device, you will unsubscribe with your Google account through Google Play.
If you subscribed through the website, you need to access a web browser.
So, grab the device you used and choose the corresponding procedure below to unsubscribe from TuneIn app.
Step-by-step to Cancel Tunein Radio Premium Service
1. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Follow these steps to cancel TuneIn account on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch:
- Step 1. On your home screen, open Settings
- Step 2. Go to your Apple ID (or your name) at the top of the menu
- Step 3. Select the Subscription tab to see all the services you pay for
- Step 4. Choose TuneIn Radio. The information about the subscription (name, price, billing date) will be on the screen.
- Step 5. Tap Cancel Subscription and choose Yes to confirm that you want to cancel iTunes radio.
- Note that during these steps, you might be asked to enter the device’s security code or touch ID to continue.
2. On MacBook and iMac
TuneIn Premium cancel on MacBook and iMac is pretty similar to when you remove TuneIn Premium iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Step 1. On your Mac, click the App Store icon.
- Step 2. Choose your Apple ID (or your name) at the bottom left of the screen. If you haven’t logged in yet, click Sign In and enter your Apple ID and password.
- Step 3. Select Account Settings to see the Subscription section. Then, choose Manage to change what services you use.
- Step 4. Find TuneIn Radio, click Edit, and then choose Cancel Subscription. You won’t be charged money for the service anymore.
3. On an Android phone or tablet
- Step 1. On a web browser, go to google play and log in with your Google email and password. If your phone logs in automatically, check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Step 2. Choose My Subscription on the right of the window and select TuneIn Radio.
- Step 3. Go to the Manage tab.
- Step 4. Select Cancel Subscription and click Yes to confirm.
4. On the TuneIn Radio website
- Step 1. On any web browser, go to https://tunein.com/ and sign in to your account (TuneIn Radio login requires you to remember the ID and password you used on the website).
- Step 2. Choose My Accounts, then Settings, and Subscription.
- Step 3. Click Cancel Subscription and Complete Cancellation to confirm.
- Note: If you forget your password or have trouble logging in, don’t attempt a new TuneIn account sign up. Instead, search for troubleshooting instructions on TuneIn help (help.tunein.com)or contact TuneIn radio customer service.
5. Via Email
If the methods above don’t work for you (let’s say you can’t log in to your Apple ID or Google account), the last resort is to send an email to [email protected] with your request.
Also, you may send a tweet to TuneIn Support or email them at [email protected] when you have any questions about their radio service.
How do I stop TuneIn from automatically playing?
Two features in TuneIn settings might cause the app to play automatically: Auto-Resume and Auto-Restart.
Auto-Resume allows the app to automatically play when you pause a live broadcast for more than 30 minutes from the live stream point. Here’s how to turn off TuneIn radio autoplay:
- Go to Profile and choose Settings
- Scroll to find Auto-Resume, which is usually at the bottom of the listing
- Turn the feature OFF
Auto-Restart allows the platform to automatically resume the content you played before you quit the app. To turn it off, go to Settings and unselect the Auto-Restart feature.
Can I cancel TuneIn Radio at any time?
Yes, you can cancel radio services at any time to avoid losing money during the next payment period. Refer to the steps we mentioned above for instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Is TuneIn Radio really free?
Yes, there’s a free version of the app. If you don’t sign up for any subscription, you can still listen to TuneIn podcasts and other content, but there will be ads here and there.
If you wish to enjoy commercial-free content (such as live MLB and NHL games, breaking news from CNN and Fox News radio, and more music stations), you can subscribe to TuneIn Premium.
How much does a subscription to TuneIn cost?
TuneIn is a free app, but you can enjoy its ad-free version by paying a monthly or annual cost.
When I first signed up for the Premium package, TuneIn charged me $9.99/month after a 7-day free trial. You can also choose a yearly package, which grants you a 30-day free trial and charges $99.99/year when the trial ends.
There you have it – how to cancel TuneIn radio! Unsubscribing from TuneIn Premium service only takes a short few minutes.
Plus, whenever you encounter trouble, you can always contact TuneIn’s customer service for support. Until the next billing date, enjoy your premium listening experience!
Robert is our content writer. He has in-depth knowledge about two-way radio communication, including mobile, handheld, and base, as well as ham radio satellite and emergency communication. He is in charge of researching and reviewing the best and latest products as well as gathering information about your queries and issues in using ham radios.