The Preset section will allow you to access your chosen stations quickly. This helpful feature will enable users to bookmark up to 40 stations and make sure that you will never forget your favorites.
However, spaces aren’t always accessible, so knowing how to delete presets on Sirius radio is necessary. It’s as simple as going to your “Favorites” and removing the preset you wish to get rid of.
- Delete from vehicles.
- Delete on SiriusXM’s website.
If that’s what you’re looking for, please be sure to read my article. I will also go through some FAQs about Sirius radio preset issues.
- Steps to Delete Presets on Sirius Radio
- Q&A About Presets on Sirius Radio
Steps to Delete Presets on Sirius Radio
As previously said, it is critical to delete preset radio stations if you no longer want to listen to them or would like to free up some slots for new channels.
You may find yourself in one of two situations: the first is that you want to delete presets from your vehicles, and the second is to delete presets from your application or online membership.
In the following parts, we’ll go through both of them in depth.
Remove pre-programmed radio stations from automobiles.
If you wish to delete a preset radio station on your automobile, try the simple 3-step guide:
- Step 1: Go to the radio section and choose Menu > Star icon (Preset) > OK on your vehicle’s display screen.
- Step 2: Select the preset you want to delete.
- Step 3: It will present a list of drop-down options on the screen. To delete the selected channel, click the “Delete” button. If you wish to exclude more presets, repeat the process.
Please keep in mind that you may not be able to clear radio station presets on some car types, such as Toyota. You can only write over them or reduce the number shown on your radio system. Select the Reset All option if you wish to restore all presets to factory defaults.
Watch this video to know how to delete presets on sirius radio:
Radio stations may be pre-programmed on the SiriusXM website.
Things may be different if you solely utilize SiriusXM services on mobile or streaming devices. To remove a favorite from Sirius XM, try:
- Step 1: Go to the SiriusXM website and sign in to your account. The “Favorites” area will appear; click on it, and the web will show all of your presets.
- Step 2: From the list, select the preset you wish to delete. (Note: The interface will show the preset at the bottom of the page along with the currently playing songs and performers.)
- Step 3: You’ll see a dark blue star icon indicating that the channel is a favorite. When you tap on the star icon, the system will automatically remove the selected preset from your list.
However, as previously said, this strategy only benefits those who listen online or use the XM application. It does not apply to your vehicles.
Q&A About Presets on Sirius Radio
I’m not sure how to use my settings. What am I supposed to do?
To enter your saved streams, select the appropriate memory setting. The screen will display the preset memory id and the title of the station. Some radios require users to hit a SET button before holding down the preset number button. So, please consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual to further configure your satellite radio.
Why can’t I scroll through my preset list using my steering wheel?
The problem might be caused by your vehicle’s model or radio settings. Please bear in mind that some vehicle models do not have this feature. If this isn’t the case, it’s likely that you haven’t customized your radio settings.
After you’ve adjusted your SiriusXM settings, navigate among your presets by using the forward and back motions on your steering wheel.
I recently purchased a new automobile. How do I configure my presets?
It’s as simple to add a preset as it is to remove one! You’re good to go if you follow these three simple steps.
- Step 1: Turn on your car radio and choose the satellite feed.
- Step 2: Select one of your favorite streams by thoroughly scanning all available stations with the radio knobs.
- Step 3: Once you’ve located the desired station, tap, hold, and pick a number memory preset option to save it. Your radio screen will display a notice, followed by an audio message indicating that you have successfully saved that preset.
That concludes our comprehensive guide to deleting Sirius radio settings. We’re sure you’ve figured out how to customize your preset list by now. All of the above processes are pretty simple and will take you no more than 5 minutes. So, without any problematic adjustments, you can enjoy your favorite stations!