Is your radio malfunctioning or slowing down? A reset, which is easier and quicker than you think, might be all it needs to work properly again.
In this article, we will walk you through four methods on how to reset Hyundai radio. You can use them to reset car stereo system on most Hyundai sedans: Sonata, Elantra, Tucson, and Accent. A step-by-step guide for each method is included below.
Ways to Reset Hyundai Radio
Method #1. Factory reset
Has your Hyundai Sonata limited no sound from speakers? Or has your Hyundai Sonata radio stopped working? Most of the time, you can solve the problems simply by pressing a few buttons to factory reset your radio.
What to prepare
For this method, you only need your car’s key to turn on the stereo system.
Steps to factory reset a Hyundai radio
- Step 1. Switch your key on and wait for the radio to activate
- Step 2. Go to the home screen and choose Settings
- Step 3. Choose General, then System Info, Default, and Reset All
- Step 4. A message will pop up on the screen, asking if you are sure about resetting. The action will restore the radio’s default values and delete all of your previous customizations. Press Yes to continue.
- Step 5. Wait for a few seconds, and another pop-up message will inform you that the Hyundai touch screen reset is successful.
Similar steps can be applied to complete a Hyundai Tucson factory reset.
What to prepare
Another method to reset Hyundai Tucson radio is to find and press the system’s reset button. This button is small and hidden, so you will need a sharp tip to press it, think a paper clip or pencil.
Steps to reset a Hyundai radio with the reset button
- Step 1. To reset an HD radio Tucson, first, turn on the radio and wait for it to activate.
- Step 2. Find a small reset button in the lower right corner (Hyundai Elantra radio reset button is in the upper corner to the left).
- Step 3. Press and hold the button with the tip of your pen or pencil for one to two seconds. The screen will shut down and then display the Hyundai logo, indicating that it has restarted. Wait for around ten seconds for your radio to fully reset.
- Note: The reset button’s location varies on different Hyundai sedans. Sometimes, you will find it near the Phone icon or FM/AM button.
If the steps above don’t reset Hyundai Accent radio, try the fuse method below.
Method #3. Unlock with the radio’s security code
Sometimes, your radio keeps displaying a lock screen requesting a four or five-digit security code to activate. This issue often occurs when your car’s battery is replaced or dies and recharges. It is an anti-theft mechanism of Hyundai radios.
In this case, you don’t have to reset and lose all the data of your favorite songs, station presets, and other settings. Instead, simply retrieve the code and enter it.
What to prepare
To activate the radio after battery change, you won’t need anything other than your car’s key.
Steps to reset a Hyundai radio with a security code
- Step 1. On your car’s glove box, you shall see a sticker carrying a four to five-digit Anti-Theft Radio Code. This is the security code of your car stereo system. If it is not there, turn to your owner’s manual security or radio/stereo section to find it.
- Step 2. Insert your car’s key and start the radio without turning on the engine.
- Step 3. Enter the security code
If you neither find the code on an in-car sticker nor in the owner’s manual, you can look it up online. On the manufacturer’s website, enter the car’s VIN, the radio’s serial number, and your phone and email.
When the manufacturer receives your information, they will retrieve the code and send it to you via phone call or email. A local dealership can access similar resources, so you can also ask for the code where you bought your car.
In the worst-case scenarios, factory resetting or hard button resetting as in methods one and two should solve most Hyundai radio problems.
If you forget the code, click here to find out the most effective ways
How Do I Hard Reset My Car Radio?
Are your Hyundai radio buttons not working? What should you do when the three methods mentioned above don’t apply? The last resort is to remove the fuse to cut the circuit and then reinstall it.
What to prepare
You will have to open the fuse box for this method. But don’t worry! It doesn’t require any pro tools or special skills. Similar to other methods, you only need your car’s key to activate the radio.
Steps to reset Hyundai radio with the radio’s fuse
- Step 1. Pop open the fuse panel located near the driver’s door.
- Step 2. Look for a 15 or 30-amp P/CONN fuse. It is often located at the bottom of the panel and in a yellow case. (If you are unsure, check your car radio’s wiring diagram online).
- Step 3. Unplug the fuse, wait for a few seconds, and replug it in.
- Step 4. Slide your car’s key in, turn on the radio, wait for it to restart, and you have finished resetting it.
How to reset Hyundai radio? You can factory reset it on the touchscreen, press the reset button, enter the security code to unlock it, or remove and reinstall the radio’s fuse. Each method works for different situations, so find the one that’s best for you!
We hope this article provided all you need to know. But if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to send us a message via the contact page. We’ll reach out to you as soon as we can. Thank you for reading!