Once in a while, your car radio will show minor issues that require troubleshooting. But before calling a technician, you should reset it and see if the problems disappear. However, the steps to reset a radio vary from brand to brand.
Here we curated a brief guide on how to reset Lexus radio that can apply to almost all Lexus sedans, including Wi-fi models, LS430, IS 400 and IS 250. Is your Lexus audio off? Learn to reset and troubleshoot the problem from the steps below!
Steps to Reset Lexus Radio Without a Code
When your radio turns on no sound, the first thing you want to do is reset it.
Some Lexus radios, connected car Wi-Fi for example, don’t require a security code to perform a factory reset. If that is your case, grab your car’s key and follow these steps to reset a car radio.
- On your remote touchpad, press Menu and choose Setup
- Select General, then Delete Personal Data, and Delete
- A pop-up message will ask you to confirm the deleting procedure, press Yes to continue.
- Wait until the reset completes and update the Lexus app.
However, to operate an LS430 Lexus radio code reset, you only need to press and hold the volume button until the radio starts to reboot.
You can also use the same procedure to reset the Lexus navigation system and troubleshoot GPS issues.
- Though a reset might fix most Lexus radio problems, it will delete your data, such as Bluetooth connections and preset stations. So, think carefully before you reset Lexus infotainment.
- It won’t be as easy to reset a car stereo after battery change, though. When disconnected from the power source, car radios often ask for a security code to unlock the system. This is an anti-theft mechanism of many modern sedans.
Steps to Reset Lexus Radio With a Code
To reset a car CD player that requires a security code, you’ll need to grab the car’s key and owner’s manual. Then, follow these steps to reboot a Lexus audio system.
1. Retrieve the code
You can usually find Lexus radio codes on the stickers of the glove box or in the security section of your owner’s manual.
You can also get your IS400 radio code on the manufacturer’s website, but you will need to enter your car model, VIN, year of manufacturing, and serial number. This information can often be found in the owner’s manual.
2. Enter the code
Now, switch your car’s key to accessory mode to turn on the radio. Wait for it to activate and enter the code to unlock the system.
Note: To reset Lexus IS250 radio, you must select Setting, Car Factory Setting, and Factory Reset before inputting the code.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to set up radio stations in Lexus ES350 satellite radio?
On Lexus radios, you can set up to 36 preset stations. These presets provide shortcuts to your favorite radio channels. You can choose or enter the preset number to tune into one of them instead of having to roll the knob back and forth.
To set preset stations, follow these steps.
- Turn on a channel you like (it can be an AM, FM, or Satellite station)
- The screen will show a preset list on the right. You should select and press the control panel to set the channel to one of the preset options in the list.
- When you hear a beep, let go of the panel. The station is now saved in one of the presets.
How to change a Lexus radio preset?
Lexus systems won’t allow you to delete a preset, but you can change it to another station with this simple instruction:
- Select Menu>Setup>Audio>Radio
- Select Number of Radio Presets and choose the number you want
Is there Apple CarPlay in Lexus RX 350?
Apple CarPlay is the new trend in modern sedans. The app allows drivers to stream the best music and offer voice control via Siri. From switching channels and turning up the volume to returning missed calls and answering voicemails, she’s got your back.
Lexus, like other car manufacturers, offers the app in all of their 2022 issues, including the 2022 Lexus RX 350. So, yes, there is Apple CarPlay in Lexus RX 350.
How to pair your Android device with a 2013 Lexus ES 350 radio?
You can stream music from your smartphone to your ES 350’s stereo system via Bluetooth with the following steps.
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your Android device by choosing Settings, then Wireless & Network, and check the Discoverable box
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your vehicle by selecting Main Menu, Setup, Register Devices, and Connect Phones
- Your phone screen will display a Bluetooth device list. Select that of your vehicle and press Pair. Lexus head unit screen will show a message saying Phone Connected Successfully when the pairing completes.
Why does my car’s radio stop working after changing the battery?
Most cars have an anti-theft mechanism that locks the radio system when it is disconnected from the power source. When your car’s battery is dead and recharged, the radio will activate this procedure.
But don’t worry! All you need to do is retrieve the code and enter it for the system to function normally again.
That sums up our guide on how to reset Lexus radio. With just a few quick steps, you can get rid of most issues and restore your radio’s best performance.
We’d love to assist with other car radio issues. So, don’t hesitate to send us a message via the contact page if you have any further questions. Thank you for reading!